The Business of Art
Learn to build out your creative business.
A series of art and creative business workshops run in relation with the Guelph Arts Council to educate artistic individuals about various aspect of their business.
Who is this Program For?
- Business owners
- Art business
- Music business owners
- Creative Entrepreneurs
art business creative commission contract mentorship
Program Start Date
October 29, 2020
Registration closes 2 days before start of the program.
October 29, November 5, November 12,
Contracts and Commissions: The Business of Art
Business at the Table: Art Business in Digital and Physical Spaces
- Oct. 29, 2020, 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- Building on commission based creative industries
- Understanding you value and your rights
- How contracts can help you create a better business
Career Rebuilding: Making Money in your Creative Business
- Nov. 5, 2020, 6:30 PM - 9:00 PM
- Round Table discussion with creative experts
- Open discussion on creative industries
- The business of creative spaces
- Nov.12, 2020, 3:00 PM - 4:30 PM
- An overview of online business options
- Information about the business of practicing art
- The music and art industry experts
In these workshop the Business Centre Guelph-Wellington and the Guelph Arts Council will be joined by industry experts in the art and digital spaces to teach creative businesses:
- Dos and dont's of written contracts
- Knowing your value
- Understanding the benefits and downfalls of online vs digital
- Making creative endeavors into a fully formed business